Farm-fresh feasts await on this scenic journey through the heart of Umpqua Valley.
Roseburg to Winston
Oran Mor Artisan Meadery
- Start your Saturday morning at the Umpqua Valley Farmers Market on Harvard Ave in Roseburg. Some highlights to pick from are:
- Try the super healthy kombucha and salads from Omgrown Family Farm and the delicious hummus from Blue Nile Hummus.
- The Dragon Wagon whips up delicious Thai food with ingredients from the vendors surrounding the food truck.
- Stock up on jerky from North Buffalo Ranch
- Head west out of town on Harvard Ave, which turns into Old Melrose Rd along the South Umpqua River, an immediate gateway to the farms and fields of the Umpqua Valley.
- At the four-way intersection turn right onto Melrose Rd. to explore a triangle of local pies, mead and wine.
- On the right will be Kruse Farms where you will find a wide array of produce grown on-farm, gourmet jams and famous pies.
- Across the way you will find Oran Mor, a small batch artisan meadery, and Season Cellars an award winning winery conveniently located in the same building.
- Return to Melrose Road, head east to Colonial Road and discover Delfino Vineyards, a family-owned boutique experience with handcrafted artisan wines, tastings, and tours.
- Continue down Colonial Road to the tiny community of Lookingglass
- Be sure to take a stroll through the historic and quaint country store built in 1875 and still operating with selection of regional products.
- If you happen to be exploring on a Thursday, check out the Lookingglass Grange Farm Market, open 2-5 pm
- 5 minutes south on Lookingglass Road will bring you to Abacela Winery, who have been raking in national and international awards for their tempranillos since 1998.
- Hang a left back onto Lookingglass Road and continue until it dead ends into Hwy 99. Take a left onto the highway and then a right onto NW Brosi Orchard Road, where you will find one last opportunity to experience our local roots for the day.
- Brosi Sugar Tree Farms is family owned and operated with a warm and welcoming fruit stand shopping and u-pick experience.
- Further Winston area adventures:
- Spend a few hours at the Wildlife Safari, home to hundreds of animals that wander freely over the 600-acre park or continue the beverage tasting at
- Continue the beverage tastings at Freed Estate Winery where you can find an Aloha spirit and variety of award winning wines made from estate grapes and crafted by local wineries
- Hook back up with Highway 99 and follow it north back to Roseburg to end the day at the historic Parrot House Restaurant. Indulge in the ultimate farm-to-table dinner experience, with the majority of ingredients sourced from the Great Umpqua region.
- For less fancy dinner options, head to downtown Roseburg and consider some local lamb dishes at Alexander’s Greek Restaurant or keep it simple with pub fare at O’Toole’s with a local beef burger and pint.
O’Toole’s Pub in Roseburg, Oregon